**TO APPLY SEE FORM BELOW**
Introducing Fashion Retail Traineeships for 16-19 years, TICE is supporting training provider Kaplan to deliver a unique traineeship for young people interested in pursuing a career in fashion and specifically fashion retail.
The traineeship is a 7-12 week course whereby young people gain access to specialist tutors and a work experience opportunity with a leading fashion brand.
Fashion retail offers a diverse range of career paths, the Fashion Retail Traineeship provides a rounded experience of this sector, allowing you to identify the pathway that best suits your skills and strengths. The course includes industry-linked projects, work placements with high street brands and is delivered by experienced tutors and fashion industry professionals. Industry visits, visiting speakers and skills development sessions will provide you with the combination of skills and experience required for a career in fashion retail. Completed project work will also contribute significantly to progression interview portfolios. During the course you will study both business and creative topics… such as market levels, customer profiling, e-commerce and visual merchandising, styling and branding.
Week one of the specialist creative delivery will focus on an introduction to the sector, we will complete an up-cycling styling task, make industry visits, have guest speakers and receive a beginners introduction to Photoshop.
Week two provides an opportunity to apply our new skills and understanding. A live, industry lead project will be unveiled and will run in a series of venues – from shop floor to Photoshop suite.
Fashion Retail traineeship benefits include:
- IT’S FREE!
- Up to 4 weeks work experience in a fashion retail related role
- Studying a specialist fashion related 2 week delivery plan
- CV writing and interview skills.
- A huge amount of support with next steps after completing the traineeship, whether it’s sixth form, an apprenticeship, further education or employment.
- Travel expenses – covered throughout the duration of the traineeship.
- A £100 voucher toward suitable interview clothes for all learners.
- If you are entitled to benefits, they will all remain the same.
- Aged 16-18. 19 year olds are eligible but only providing their 19th birthday is between 01/09/15 and 31/08/16.
- Not yet achieved Level 3 qualifications (No more than 1 A level or 3 x AS Levels)
- Will be ready for employment, further education, sixth form or apprenticeship within 6 months
- Must be motivated to progress into one of these destinations
How can I apply for a Traineeship?
We’re recruiting right now for the Fashion Retail Traineeship with our next course starting in July but if that doesn’t suit you, we have courses ready for August and September too If you’re interested then please fill out the application form below and once received, we will call you back to check eligibility, discuss the course and enrolment.
Places are limited so book today!
Register Your Interest:
NOTE: You must be a UK resident to enrol onto this course and within the North East England Area.