** TO APPLY SEE FORM BELOW**
Introducing Music Industry Traineeships for 16-19 years, TICE is supporting training provider Kaplan to deliver a unique traineeship for young people interested in pursuing a career within the music industry.
The traineeship is a 7-12 week programme whereby young people gain access to specialist tutors and a work experience opportunity with a leading music venues and companies.
This unique and exciting traineeship will begin with a two week programme of music creation and music business tuition. You will learn what is required to create great songs and records in a state of the art music studio in Newcastle city centre. You will then find out how the hard currency of a song fits in within the wider music industry and be introduced to the entire range of career paths available in this sector.
In the first week guest speakers will take you through their specialisms to give you a first-hand account of what a career in their field can offer you. From managing the next superstar to releasing your own music on your own label, from being a booking agent for jet-setting DJs to setting up your own publishing company, this course will give you a clear insight into the many and varied roles in the music business. You will learn how it all works together, how revenue streams flow and how copyrights are protected and exploited. There will also be two days of tours of major music businesses and FE institutions in the region, to give you a behind-the-scenes and exclusive insight into the inner workings of venues, studios, shops and other music enterprises.
The second week will be largely devoted to you devising and running your own mini music project, using all the skills and information you discovered in the first week and supported by your tutor. The end of week two will draw together all of your new found expertise and provide you with an exciting music career action plan. You will leave this two week intensive training scheme with a bounty of knowledge about possible career paths, a clear understanding of what skills each job requires you to have and how to go about getting those skills if you do not already have them.
Music Industry traineeship benefits include:
- IT’S FREE!
- Up to 4 weeks work experience in a fashion retail or Music related role
- Studying a specialist fashion/music/graphics related 2 week delivery plan
- CV writing and interview skills.
- A huge amount of support with next steps after completing the traineeship, whether it’s sixth form, an apprenticeship, further education or employment.
- Travel expenses – covered throughout the duration of the traineeship.
- A £100 voucher toward suitable interview clothes for all learners.
- If you are entitled to benefits, they will all remain the same.
- Aged 16-18. 19 year olds are eligible but only providing their 19th birthday is between 01/09/15 and 31/08/16.
- Not yet achieved Level 3 qualifications (No more than 1 A level or 3 x AS Levels)
- Will be ready for employment, further education, sixth form or apprenticeship within 6 months
- Must be motivated to progress into one of these destinations
How can I apply for a Traineeship?
We’re recruiting right now for the Music Industry Traineeship starting in July but if that doesn’t suit you we have more courses in August and September. If you’re interested then simply fill out the application form below and once received, we will call you back to check eligibility, discuss the course and enrolment.
Places are limited so book today!
Register Your Interest:
NOTE: You must be a UK resident to enrol onto this course and within the North East England Area.