Introducing Fashion Retail Traineeships for 16-19 years, TICE is supporting training provider Kaplan to deliver a unique traineeship for young people interested in pursuing a career in fashion and specifically fashion retail.
If you’re unfamiliar with Traineeships they are a government led initiative and more information can be found here: Traineeships – GOV.UK
“A traineeship is an education and training programme with work experience that unlocks the great potential of young people and prepares them for their future careers by helping them to become ‘work ready”
The traineeship we are working on is a 7 week programme whereby young people gain access to specialist tutors and a work experience opportunity with a leading fashion brand.
Kaplan Fashion Retail traineeship benefits include:
- Up to 4 weeks work experience in a fashion retail related role
- Studying a specialist fashion related 2 week delivery plan
- CV writing and interview skills.
- Help with next steps after completing the traineeship, whether it’s sixth form, a Kaplan Apprenticeship, further education or employment.
- Travel expenses – covered throughout the duration of the traineeship.
- A £100 voucher toward suitable interview clothes for all learners.
- Aged 16-18. 19 year olds are eligible but only providing their 19th birthday was AFTER 31st August 2014.
- Not yet achieved Level 3 qualifications (No more than 1 A level or 3 x AS Levels)
- Will be ready for employment/FE, sixth form or apprenticeship within 6 months
- Must be motivated to progress into one of these destinations
- 2 weeks sector specific training Mon-Fri (10am-3pm) (Fashion retail delivered by TICE)
- 1 week employability training Mon-Fri (10am-3pm) (delivered by Kaplan)
- 100 hours work placement training over approx. 4 week period (with leading fashion brand)
To find out what our Fashion Retail Traineeship cohort has been doing check out our blog post here.