Managing Health and Safety is an important part of looking after any business, and TICE are no exception. We have a legal obligation to control Health and Safety risks for the benefit of staff, facilitators and all students.
When working with tools, equipment and materials, in practical activities and in different environments, including those that are unfamiliar, students will be made aware:
– about hazards, risks and risk control
– to recognise hazards, assess consequent risks and take steps to control the risks to themselves and others
– to use information to assess the immediate and cumulative risks
– to manage their environment to ensure the health and safety
– of themselves and others.
– to explain the steps they take to control risks.
We will list what equipment, tools and materials we intend on using and make sure there is no problems with using them in schools.