Introducing Creative Traineeships for 16-19 years, TICE is supporting training provider Kaplan to deliver unique traineeships for young people interested in pursuing a career in fashion retail, music industry, graphic design and photography.
If you’re unfamiliar with Traineeships they are a government led initiative and more information can be found here: Traineeships – GOV.UK
“A traineeship is an education and training programme with work experience that unlocks the great potential of young people and prepares them for their future careers by helping them to become ‘work ready”
The traineeships are a course whereby young people gain access to specialist creative industry tutors and a work experience opportunity within a North East creative company.
- IT’S FREE!
– Up to 100 hours in a Fashion Retail, Graphic Design, Photography or Music related role
– Studying a specialist fashion/music/graphics/photography related delivery plan
– Gain an understanding of the creative and cultural industries.
– CV writing (what to keep in, what to take out) and interview skills.
– A huge amount of support with next steps after completing the traineeship, whether it’s sixth form, an apprenticeship, further education or employment.
– Travel expenses – covered throughout the duration of the traineeship.
– A £100 voucher toward suitable interview clothes for all learners.
– If you are entitled to benefits, they will all remain the same.
- Aged 16-18 (aged 16, 17 or 18 on 31 August 2016) 19 year olds are eligible but only providing their 19th birthday is between 01/09/15 and 31/08/16.
- Not yet achieved Level 3 qualifications (No more than 1 A level or 3 x AS Levels)
- Will be ready for employment, further education, sixth form or apprenticeship within 6 months
- Must be motivated to progress into one of these destinations
- Creative industry study by TICE (10 days), Employability training (5 days), delivered by Kaplan.
- 100 hours work placement training over approx. 4-6 week period (with leading creative companies)
“I have had an amazing time, meeting new people, learning the industry terminology I need and getting to know everything I could about the fashion industry in such a short space of time. Most of all I have enjoyed the project, and getting to go into stores to style three outfits. It was a challenge to style from one brand and work to some very strict deadlines, as well as getting to grips with photoshop. This has given me the confidence to look further into the fashion industry and whether a job in the industry would be something I want to do. Overall the experience has been great, and has definitely made me think a lot about my future.” By Freya.
To apply please register here:
(after your application is received we will call you back to check eligibility, discuss the course and enrolment. You will be invited to an ‘Information & Enrolment Day’ at Kaplan Newcastle. You must attend to be considered for the course.)
PLEASE NOTE: You must be a UK resident to enrol onto these courses and based in the North East region.
To find out what our Fashion Retail Traineeship cohort did in July 2015 check out our blog post here.
Why not find out about a bit more about the award winning TICE creative team: here