Hello, I’m Katherine Wildman, and I’m TICE’s Writing Mentor and part of the Fashion Team.
In my day job, I’m the founder of writing agency, Haydn Grey. Based on the coast, so you’ll often see photographs of me working at Riley’s Fish Shack or Dil & the Bear on my Instagram feed.
I write the words you see on websites and brochures for companies all over the world, from the NHS to John Lewis, Specsavers and HTC. We also go into businesses and train their staff to write brilliant copy for their emails, websites and corporate communications. We’ve done this for The Market Research Society and Split the Bills.
My other past career opportunities/experiences include:
- Winning a Blue Peter badge.
- Working as a freelance journalist – B Magazine, Woman’s Journal, Coast Magazine.
- Living in Singapore for two years where I studied creative writing and photography.
- Representing Tyne and Wear in the ‘What is England’ photography project.
- Gaining an MA (Distinction) in Creative Writing at Northumbria Uni (where I wrote a miserable screenplay).
- Hanging out with my friends
- Cooking Asian food
- Cycling up the coast in search of coffee and cheese scones.
I enjoy working with TICE simply because bridging the gap between school and work is such a lot of fun and is so useful for the students we work with – I wish I’d something like it when I was at school to show me what the creative industries look and feel like.
I didn’t know copywriting was a career until I’d been doing it, albeit for friends and unpaid, for a couple of years. Now I earn my living from doing it and love it. You can make a career out of doing something you love. Really, you can. Are you ready to sharpen your pencils and follow your dreams?
Haydn Grey Ltd – Copywriting Agency: www.haydngrey.co.uk