‘This is Creative Enterprise’ has become one of the region’s most successful creative programmes for young people in schools (Year 9 onwards). This programme is truly unique and has a proven track record in providing young people with extremely hands-on careers progression opportunities and guidance specialising in the creative sector. Workshops are facilitated by with creative professionals, enhanced by business tours, industry professionals and supported by further and higher educational institutions. ‘This is Creative Enterprise’ is a first step into providing an industry-led overview of creative industries and therefore giving young people the tools to make informed decisions about their future.
The reason for this programme…
The “creative industries” has become one of the world’s fastest growing sectors throughout the last 20 years and is becoming one the main contributors of the global economy. Job roles have expanded, developed and been invented within this incredibly fast paced sector and now it is more important than ever that young people are able to identify potential career paths and understand exactly what the creative sector now includes.
The creative areas we specialise in… (This list is not exhaustive; if there is a creative area you are interested in please ask.)
Areas to choose from:
- Fashion & Textiles
- Graphic Design
- Music Production
- Film & TV
- Video Games & Animation
- Web Design & Development
“those industries which have their origin in individual creativity, skill and talent and which have a potential for wealth and job creation through the generation and exploitation of economic property” DMSC
Timeline: How it works…
‘This is Creative Enterprise’ is a three tier programme (Bronze, Silver & Gold), ran throughout the academic year.
In ‘This is Creative Enterprise’ we are also very keen to promote how the creative industries work within and in collaboration with all other global sectors. We do this by highlighting how core academic subjects and creative talent can work in conjunction. It is very important for us to show the creative sector in its true light as the leading, vastly skilled, highly qualified and massively talented sector that it is and certainly not an ‘add-on’ or ‘soft-option’ subject taken throughout education.
What this programme includes:
- Programme Outline
- Recruitment Presentation (whichever year group your school decides upon)
- Bronze Stage Workshops: 1Day in school (Overview of a Creative Industry & Enterprise)
- Silver Stage Workshops: 2 days in industry and/or FE & HE institutions.
- Gold Stage Individual Projects (3 training days/various venues)
- Careers Advice & Guidance specialising in the Creative Industries
- Development of Employer Engagement/Creative Entrepreneurs
- Staff development/CPD
- Certificates of Achievement (Gold Stage Students)
- Programme Management and Administration (throughout all stages)
- Project Evaluation (throughout all stages)
- Creative Enterprise Website profiles and promotion of schools and projects/portfolios
- Business Sponsorship of projects
- Student Mentor Programme (TICE ‘graduate work experience opportunities’)
- Final Show/Exhibition (tickets for schools & students involved)
- Website access: student blogs and updates.
- Arts Awards Training (Bronze & Silver) Guidance and options.