This is Creative Enterprise (TICE) programme.
School Applications Open (Deadline EOI – 20th Oct 2017) – North East Schools only.
The ‘TICE Programme’ has become one of the region’s most successful creative programmes for young people in schools (Year 9 onwards). This national award winning programme is truly unique and has a proven track record in providing young people with extremely hands-on careers progression opportunities, skills development and guidance specialising in the creative and digital sectors. Workshops are facilitated by with creative professionals, enhanced by business tours, industry professionals and supported by further and higher educational institutions. The ‘TICE programme’ is a first step into providing an industry-led overview of creative and digital industries and therefore giving young people the tools to make informed decisions about their future.
- One Day: Insight Stage Workshops/1 Day in school (Overview of a Creative Industry & Enterprise)
- Two Days: Explore Stage Workshops/2 days out of school in industry/FE/HE tours or skills development workshops
- After school individual interviews for all successful Create Stage students. (5 mins interviews per student)
- Three Days: Create Stage Individual Projects (3 training days/various venues)
- Final Show: half day to set-up at chosen venue.
- TOTAL DAYS: 6.5 days throughout the academic year plus Final Show (evening event).
- Insight Stage (between October – December) – approx. 20- 30 students starting numbers per creative area.
- Explore Stage (between January – March)
- The Interviews (after Easter Holidays)
- Create Stage (between April – June)
- Final Show (end of June/beg of July)
- Fashion (here) (including communication, CAD, CAM, media, textiles, technology, illustration, trends, design, marketing)
- Photography (here) (including sports, landscape, medical, forensic, fashion, wildlife, portrait, interiors, editing)
- Graphics (here) (including branding, packaging, ICT, industry software: Adobe Creative Suite)
- Music (here) (including song writing, composition, live performance, production, industry)
- Computer Science (here) (focus towards gaming, coding, programming, web, mobile, electronics)
- Creative Enterprise (here) aimed at business development in the creative industries
- Careers Advice & Guidance specialising in the creative and digital industries.
- Tours, trips, guest speakers, skills development workshops all organised.
- Development of Employer Engagement/Creative Entrepreneurs/Industry Mentors
- Local school connections/collaboration (2016-17: 14 schools on the programme)
- Staff development/CPD
- Certificates of Attendance for all successful Create Stage students.
- Project Management and Administration
- Project Evaluation (report on completion with student feedback and numbers)
- TICE Website profiles and promotion of schools and projects/portfolios
- Business Sponsorship of projects (over 250 companies engaged to date)
- Work experience for past TICE students (Student Mentor programme)
- FE/HE advice and guidance (heavily supported by Northumbria University, Newcastle University, Sunderland University & Newcastle College)
- Final Show/Exhibition for schools, students, families all educational and business supporters.
- Website access: student blogs and updates (www.thisiscreativeenterprise.com)
- Arts Awards Accreditation (Bronze & Silver) Guidance and options (optional additional costs)
- Open Badge Academy (Career progression badges) career development (optional additional costs)
- Staff cover costs.
- Transport for visits and workshops (including arranging parking facilities)
If you are interested in joining the TICE programme for this year (2017-18) please fill in the form below and we will be in touch, thank you.